Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Remembering, remembering

I know I'm late, but I have been thinking about Memorial Day for a week now.  For some people it's a day to visit the gravesites or other memorial sites for loved ones they have lost.  For others it's a day to honor members of the armed forces killed in action.  For some, it's a day to play golf!

I understand honoring the deceased -- I really do.  I understand missing them -- and I still miss my dad, especially.  And others, of course.  I understand the patriotic honoring of those who have been killed in war. 

What I don't understand is why it keeps happening with such regularity.  Isn't it time to move beyond killing each other over anything?  Isn't it time to stop sending our young people, our children, overseas to kill and be killed?

This is not an anti-military post.  It is an anti-WAR post.  There is a huge difference, in my mind.  I hope that someday we will evolve beyond even needing a military, but first we have to evolve beyond killing each other over resources, religion, insults (real or perceived), language, customs, and all the other things we have waged war about. 

It's time to remember that we are truly one, that we are truly in charge of our own evolution, and let God/Spirit/the Universe express through us as love.  Love.  Only love.

Be blessed!

Rev. CC

No comments:

Post a Comment